Our rates are based on the true cost of providing water service to our customers.
Rates can vary based on the cost of providing service in each of the communities we serve. Before it reaches your home or business, water is treated through an involved process. Water begins its journey at the source (river, stream, reservoir, aquifer) and travels through our highly sophisticated plants, into underground pipes, to its final destination, your tap. Along the way, our team of professionals (certified operators, scientists and engineers) are using the latest technology as to oversee and monitor the process. We test the water quality using leading edge methods we pioneered. We understand the value of clean, high-quality water on tap 24 hours a day, and are committed to delivering it reliably.
Reliable high-quality water service improves our lives and communities by:
• Protecting public health
• Providing fire protection
• Creating opportunities for economic growth
In New York, rates must be approved by the
New York State Public Service Commission
Current Water Rates - Effective Tariffs
- Nassau County (Former Long Island American Water): Applies to customers in Atlantic Beach, Baldwin, Baldwin Harbor, Barnum Island, Bay Park, Cedarhurst, East Atlantic Beach, East Rockaway, Harbor Isle, Hewlett, Hewlett Bay Park, Hewlett Harbor, Hewlett Neck, Inwood, Island Park, Lakeview, Lawrence, Lynbrook, Malverne, Malverne Park-Oaks, Meadowmere, North Lawrence, North Lynbrook, North Woodmere, Oceanside, Roosevelt, South Hempstead, Valley Stream, West Hempstead*, Woodmere and Woodsburgh (*Partially Served)
- Nassau County (Former New York Water Service Company): Applies to customers in Merrick, Bellmore, N. Bellmore, Wantagh, Seaford, Massapequa, Massapequa Park, Levittown, S. Farmingdale
- Nassau County (Former New York of Sea Cliff): Applies to customers in the Village of Sea Cliff, Glen Cove, Glen Head, Glenwood Landing, Old Brookville and Roslyn Harbor.
- Former Five Upstate Water Systems
- This applies to customers in the following areas:
- Ulster County: Former Kingsvale Water Company, which serves Kingston
- Washington County: Former Cambridge Water Works, which serves Cambridge
- Westchester County: Former Waccabuc Water Company, which serves Goldens Bridge and Katonah
- Westchester County: Former Dykeer Water System, which serves Somers
- Westchester County: Former Wild Oaks Water Company, which serves Goldens Bridge